Connect!

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Fandom of the Month Club : November 2015

Happy Thanksgiving, geekonistas!

If you celebrate Thanksgiving, or even if you don't, I hope you are spending today surrounded by loved ones, eating lots of delicious food and taking a moment to be grateful for the good things in your life. I'm grateful for you being here!

Today, I'd like to share with you a new-to-me subscription service, the Fandom of the Month Club! Fandom of the Month club is a monthly subscription box that delivers geeky themed jewelry and other accessories. The cost is $13.00 a month for a month-to-month subscription, $36.00 ($12.00 per box) if you pay for three months up front, and $66.00 ($11.00 per box) if you pay for six months up front. Shipping is extra and costs $3.50 per month within the U.S. and $9.80 per month internationally.



This is my first box with Fandom of the Month Club, but it is their one year anniversary box! Neat. As you can see, the shipment arrives in a custom printed box that is just adorable. Everything inside was carefully wrapped in tissue paper to prevent damage.


The box this month included five jewelry and accessory items, plus a magnet and an information card. The information card unfortunately did not include any info about the products, but it did contain lots of contact information for the box's creators.


First up is a... well it's a Harry Potter themed item, but what kind of jewelry or accessory it is, I'm not really sure. I think it might be some kind of ear cuff? This would probably be too large for me to wear comfortably, (The gold feather part is a good four inches long at least) but I know a lot of Harry Potter fans that I can pass this on to that would be thrilled with it! And maybe they can share what it actually is and how to wear it with this old fogey.


Next up we have a silver ring with the TARDIS from Doctor Who. Luckily, this ring is adjustable, so it will fit almost anyone. I really like this one. It's cute and somewhat subtle. Just my style.







This is my favorite item in the box! It's a pair of super cute, super tiny, silver dragon earrings. So stinkin adorable!



So, I'll admit I had to look this next one up. I never really watched Lost while it was on the air, first because I didn't have cable, and then when I did, I felt like I was too far behind to ever catch up. Maybe someday I'll go back and try watching it (my husband has the whole thing on DVD, after all). Anyway, this silver necklace is based off a scene in Lost - it's a silver hand with "Not Pennys Boat" written on it. The chain and charm actually feel surprisingly high quality!



And the final item in the box this month is a key chain, based on the Mockingbird pin design from "The Hunger Games". This is probably too big for me to use as an actual key chain (I put my keys in my pocket a lot) but I can definitely see myself using it as a bag charm instead! It's even got a handy clip on it for just that purpose.



Final Thoughts: Well, I feel like I definitely got my money's worth out of this box! Even leaving out the item I will pass on, I feel like there is a great assortment of items left that I will use. My only gripe would be that I would love some more information about the individual items on the information card - but that is very minor. I can't wait to see what's in next month's box!





No comments:

Post a Comment